Credit Card & Debt Defense Lawyer in Cleveland, OH
We Protect Consumers Throughout Northern Ohio: Call (216) 450-6689 Now
Have you been served with papers by a credit card company? Have you been
notified of a potential lawsuit by creditors? Have debt collectors taken
legal action against you in order to secure the debts owed to them? If
any of these have happened to you, you cannot wait another moment.
Though it may be tempting to ignore the situation and allow itself to resolve,
failure to act or respond could actually further jeopardize your future.
Our Cleveland credit card defense attorneys can:
- Help you understand the upcoming process
- Inform you of your defense option
- Protect your rights as a consumer
As one of Ohio’s oldest consumer
bankruptcy law firms, we have helped protect thousands of consumers throughout Northern Ohio.
Knevel Law Co. LPA's attorneys have a 50-year history of compassionate client service and we understand
the stress or anxiety you may be feeling. We take our role as legal counselors
seriously and can help guide your steps to a peaceful and positive resolution.
- Clients are choosing our firm's attorneys for many reasons:
- More than 18,000 bankruptcy matters successfully handled
- Over 50 years of combined experience in the legal community
- Every case is handled with urgency and complete discretion
- You can start your case today with a FREE initial consultation
Common Defenses to Credit Card Lawsuits
If you have been sued by a lender or if you think you may be sued by a
credit card company, you need to act fast. Simply offering a reason –
or a defense – can help prevent any negative actions such as wage
garnishment, bank levies, property liens, or other aggressive means.
Do not think that your current situation is helpless simply because you
feel as though your debt is too big or creditor actions are too overpowering.
Getting the professional help of a qualified and experienced lawyer can
help you move forward and start living without the constant stress of debt.
- Common defense strategies may include, but are not limited to:
- You already paid off the debt (in part or in full)
- You attempted to pay off the debt but your debt was sold to another creditor
- You were never served with papers or did not receive a complaint
- You are being sued for debts that have expired beyond statute of limitations
- Your debts were discharged through bankruptcy protection
Depending on the unique circumstances that surround your case, there may
be countless potential defense strategies available to you. Call us at
(216) 450-6689 and learn how we can help you!
We have offices throughout Northern Ohio and proudly serve clients throughout
Cleveland, Akron, Canton, Elyria, and Garfield Heights.